Rave Unde ( ರವೆ ಉಂಡೆ ). This was one of the dessert made during Lakshmi Habba and also when people used to go on long vacation 20 years ago ;). 2 or 3 rave unde would fill up any hungry person, I guess.
I made this rave unde for the Varamahalakshmi pooja. First time I tried this after hearing the recipe from my Mom as usual. Came out really good and yummy. My 3-year loved it. So this is a big hit for me as a Mom.
Fine Rave (Sooji) or Chirotee Rave - 2 cups
Powdered Sugar - 1 1/2 Cups
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cashews + Raisins - 1/4 cup
Dry Coconut powder - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 2 Tblsp
Milk - 3 tblsp
1. Fry cashews and raisins in 1tblsp of ghee and keep aside (sorry no pic)
2. Fry coconut for 2-3 mins and keep aside.
3. Fry the fine rave/sooji in 1tblsp of ghee for 5-6mins until you can smell nice aroma.
4. Once the flame is switched off mix the fried cashews/raisins, coconut powder, powdered sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Pour 1-2 tblsp (or as req) into the mixture and try to make balls(unde) of this rave mixture when it warm enough to handle in your adds.
Please note: if the fried mixture cools down then it will be difficult to make the unde/ladoos.
6. Enjoy the Rave Unde