Besan laddoo

ಬೇಸನ್ ಲಡ್ಡೂ 
Last time I made these besan ladoo was 15 years back in 1999. And it was the first time I had made, as I was asked to make and did not know the recipe nor the quantity. All I knew was what goes into it.
Yes ingredients are just three things:
1. Besan (Channa dal powder) - 1.5 cups
2. Sugar(powdered) - 1 cup
3. Ghee - 1/2 cup

Finally I made them after being reminded on besan laddoo by my sister in one of our conversations ( obvisously on phone :) )



1. Fry the besan in little ghee in a pan until the raw smell goes away. ( 10-12 mins on medium flame).

2. Mix sugar powder to the mixture and add ghee little by little and check the consistency.
once you feel its good enough to roll into a ball, switch off the flame.Add little cardamon powder for flavour. 
3. Let it cool for a while and then use little ghee on your palms and roll them into ladoos.

4. Enjoy this simple delicacy. You can store them outside the fridge for a week.



No comments:

Post a Comment