Mosaru Huli

ಮೊಸರು ಹುಳಿ

This one of those dishes that I do not do regularly. Its easy, yet its cooked rarely as I am not a person who likes sourness. This is R’s favorite and he enjoys this dish. Since MIL is here, I prepared this dish and below is the recipe I tried. Need to compare notes with my Mom ;), on this recipe.

For Paste (grind all the below)
Channa dal / Kadalebele - 1tbsp (pan fried until golden red)
Cumin seeds/Jeera : 2 tsp
Green Chillies : 8 (according to your spice level)
Grated Coconut : ¼ cup
Salt

For Tadka:
Mustard – 1tsp
Curry leaves - 10
Red chillies – 2
Asafoetida/hing – ¼ tsp
Oli for tadka

Directions:
1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, curry leaves, red chillies and hing.


2. Add winter melon cubes and sauté for 5 mins.


3. Add 2 cups of water and close the lid and let it get cooked.

4. Grind all the ingredients under paste and keep aside.

5. Once the winter melon gets cooked add the paste and cook for another 6 minutes.

6. Once off the flame, mix this with mosaru or nicely beaten curds and add salt to taste.

7. Enjoy mosaru huli with rice.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    Thanks for these day to day amma adige recipes!
    I'm very excited about finding your blog..
    Being a new bee to cooking and a tom boy all my life who could barely boil water.. I've surprised myself with my cooking skills and your recipes are a boon! Thanks again mate.... love your work

    Cheers,
    Vinutha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,

    I tried this with my husband and turned out be real good one. Everyone liked it.!
    Thanks for the recipe.

    Cheers,
    Chaitra Hemanth
    Hosakerehalli,
    Bangalore

    ReplyDelete