Masala Puri

Bengaluru Masala Puri.
Hmm Yummy..What I miss most in US and this one makes to the top of the list. While in 12th grade I ate this almost after every lunch. The Masala puri guy was always parked in front our college. Last time when I was in India, I ate this every day the last seven days. Even on the day I was to leave, thanks to my sis Dee, she took me out for the last plate of namma Bengaluru Masala puri. All I can say about it is while typing and uploading the pictures for this blog, I am already craving for it.


Ingredients:
Puri - 1pk (Indian shop)
Dry peas soaked - 3 cups
Onion - 2 1/2
Carrot - 1
Tomato - 2
Coriander Leaves = 1/2 bunch
Pudina(mint leaves) - handful
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 4 cloves
Ginger - Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Black pepper - 10
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Bay leaf - 3
Green Chillies - 10
Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala - 2 tsp
Tamarind Paste
Sev for garnishing
Lemon - 1
Oil - 2tsp




Directions

1. Cook the well soaked peas and keep aside

2. Fry cumin seeds, 1/2 chopped onion and 3 green chillies for 2 mins

3. Transfer them to a blender and add rest of the green chillies, cinnamon powder, pudina, 1/2 coriander leaves, black pepper, ginger garlic, 1/2 cup of cooked peas and grind them to a paste.

4. Fry 1/2 onion, ginger garlic paste in little oil on low flame.

5. After 3-4 mins, add the paste and bay leaves and let the masala cook on low flame for 10 mins until you get the desired consistency.



6. Arrange puri and some peas as shown in the image below


7. Pour the masala mixture over it.



8. Layer the top with chopped onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves and sev.


9. Squeeze lemon juice over this and enjoy the tasty Masala puri before it becomes cold.



3 comments:

  1. YUM!! I used to eat that at Jayanagar 9th block bakery. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masaal puri looks Yummy! Very Nice and clean blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow............ my mouth is watering. superbbbbbbbbbbbbb

    ReplyDelete